for a Healthy Life
One of Washington DC's top periodontists
specializing in dental implants for over 20 years.
To our valued patients,
In light of heightened concerns over the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus) our office wanted to make sure you are kept informed about what our practice is doing to keep our patients as well as our team safe. Therefore we would like to provide you with recommended guidance should you have an appointment during this period of increased caution.
Currently the CDC has not recommended that dental practices in the DC area close, and we will continue to operate as normal as it has been determined that we may do so safely. Should this change, we will provide notice on our website www.dcperiodontist.com, our Facebook page, and/or reach out to you directly if your appointment must be rescheduled.
Our practice is taking extra precautions with regard to our already-stringent infection control protocols as outlined by OSHA and CDC guidelines. However, much of ensuring a safe environment requires your cooperation in adhering to the most recent CDC guidelines surrounding the prevention of COVID-19. Below is a list of recommended actions we are asking patients to adhere to during this time of heightened awareness, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation.
FOR PATIENTS WITH EXISTING APPOINTMENTS
- If you or anyone in your household (family members or roommates) has traveled to a CDC travel alert country (China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, or Japan), please contact our office to reschedule your appointment by calling or emailing our office so we can ensure a proper quarantine period of at least 14 days.
- If you or any member of your household (family members or roommates) has experienced ANY flu- or cold-like symptoms, you must reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days after the last date of symptoms.
- If you show up for an appointment and we suspect that you may be ill, we respectfully reserve the right to decline service for that day and reschedule your appointment.
GENERAL WELLNESS TIPS FOR ALL PATIENTS REGARDLESS OF APPOINTMENTS
The CDC recommends you take the following precautions regardless of whether or not you visit our practice to help prevent the spread or contraction of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds to avoid spreading the virus to others and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes into your elbow, a sleeve, or a tissue, and avoid coughing or sneezing into your hand.
- Avoid work or social meetings with large crowds of people.
- Try waving instead of shaking hands or politely decline handshakes if you can.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you feel sick to protect yourself and others.
- Get a seasonal flu shot. It is not too late to protect yourself in this manner.
- Visit websites like https://coronavirus.dc.gov/ and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html for more information about how to stay safe and what to do if you think you may be infected.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to contain this virus. As always, your health and wellbeing as well as that of our office staff, families and communities are our highest priority, and we look forward to helping you navigate this new health challenge while continuing to deliver you best-in-class dental care.
Dr. Sally J. Cram, DDS, PC
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting our website and to extend a warm welcome.
Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality of periodontal and dental implant care in a warm and friendly environment.
Attending to your comfort and concerns is our first priority. During your initial appointment, you will be given a thorough examination. All of your options for treatment will then be fully explained. We want you to feel comfortable with your treatment before proceeding.
If You’ve been Referred
If you have been referred to our office by your general dentist, it is very likely that your periodontal infection has progressed beyond the mild stage. Periodontal disease is responsible for over 75% of all adult tooth loss in the United States.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please click here or call us at (202) 785-3021. We look forward to meeting you!
For those patients in need of tooth replacement, dental implants offer a predictable way to replace missing teeth. From a single tooth to complete arch replacement, dental implants give our patient a cosmetic result while allowing our patients to chew with the same capability that natural teeth provide.
Our office would be honored to consult with you regarding implant options if you need tooth replacement.